Exothermic Cable is a consumable electrode, flexible spiral cable that is manufactured exclusively b y Osen-Hunter Group Innovative Technologies (OIT). The cable consists of six bundles of high tensile steel wire. The cordless cable is surfaced with a rough ultraviolet inhibitor, which is encased in a plastic sheath. To facilitate connection, one side of the Exothermic Cable has a threaded male fitting that attaches to the charging handle and the other end for cutting. Exothermic Cable is manufactured in three diameters: 6mm, 9mm & 12mm.
- It has a longer burn time
- It has the ability to cut in hard-to-reach spots without frequent rod or cable changing
- There is no electrical hazard after ignition. The electrical circuit is used only for igniting the exother mic cable
- It cuts underw ater as well as on the surface
- It is lightweight
- Only oxygen is needed to fuel the burning of the cable