Exothermic Cable is a consumable electrode, flexible spiral cable that is manufactured exclusively by Special Projects Operations, Inc. Group Innovative Technologies (OIT). The cable consists of six bundles of high tensile steel wire. The cordless cable is surfaced with a rough ultraviolet inhibitor, which is encased in a plastic sheath. To facilitate connection, one side of the Exothermic Cable has a threaded male fitting that attaches to the charging handle and the other end for cutting. Exothermic Cable is manufactured in three diameters: 6mm, 9mm & 12mm.
- It has a longer burn time
- It has the ability to cut in hard-to-reach spots without frequent rod or cable changing
- There is no electrical hazard after ignition. The electrical circuit is used only for igniting the exother mic cable
- It cuts underw ater as well as on the surface
- It is lightweight
- Only oxygen is needed to fuel the burning of the cable